|SERVICE||DESCRIPTION||TERMS & CONDITIONS|
|Repatriation of Mortal Remains||Arrangements for the repatriation of mortal remains from the incident location to a funeral facility closest to the deceased’s place of burial which is limited to the subscriber’s permanent residential address within the borders of South Africa of neighboring countries. The product includes |
• Claims guidance;
• Referral to funeral parlour;
• National database of service providers;
• Advice on standard funeral practices;
• Case management of repatriation;
• Arrangements with the deceased’s next of kin to travel with the service provider to the burial site;
• Accommodation will be arranged for next of kin.
|Unlimited incidents will be covered should the death occur 100 km from permanent home address
R1,000 will be covered
|Funeral Assistance||The Funeral Assistance product offers professional assistance to clients who are faced with death in the family. The assistance does not replace the actual funeral policy’s burial and repatriation benefits. The aim is to enhance these benefits by assisting the next of kin with practical benefits during the time immediately following the passing of a loved one. |
In the event of death of the main member, the surviving family has access to the following services upon request:
• Vehicle Hire: Rental of a Group B vehicle for a maximum of 3 consecutive days with unlimited km’s per day. The car rental company’s standard booking practice would require a valid credit card with sufficient funds placed in reserve before the rental transaction could be processed. The driver of the hired vehicle would be expected to present a valid driver’s license before the vehicle will be released;
• Pre-paid Airtime: Upon request from the surviving family, a once-off, pre-paid airtime voucher to the value of R250 is provided to a nominated mobile number. The benefit provides for airtime across all mobile networks.
• Pre-paid Electricity: Upon request from the surviving family, a once-off, pre-paid electricity voucher to the value of R250 is provided for a nominated pre-paid electricity account;
• Funeral Food Hampers: Upon request from the surviving family, a food hamper can be ordered by the members and paid for via a secure mobile payment platform. This benefit can also be included as a policy covered item and the cost thereof carried by the insurer.
|Unlimited telephonic support|